From:
Tim Lider <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jun 1998 17:50:16 -0700
Hello Patrick,

At 11:44 AM 6/2/98 -0400, you wrote:

>2 Questions:

>1.  What are the minimum system requirements for the Windows 98 upgrade
>when its (pending Gov't action) released  later this month?

  Well they say it will run on a 386-33. Although I think the more power
the better :) I would not run it on anything less than a Pentium 100 with
16MB's of RAM. One thing though, it works well with only 16MB's of RAM.

  Windows 98 was designed to work with all, well most, of the new hardware
coming out. And it works better that way as well.

>2.  Does Win 98 come with Drivespace 3, I have original release of Windows
95,
>and an addtional HD is compressed  w/ Drivespace 3 (Came with Microsoft
>Plus!)

  Yes, Win98 does come with DriveSpace 3, why would you compress a drive
anyhow?  The prices of hard drives are very inexpensive any how.  BTW, you
can use the new COOL option of FAT-32, it will decrease the slack space,
and saving you much space.

>Because my current system does not have Drivespace 3 it cannot mount the
>compression scheme.  I was debating on whether or not to get Plus, or
>wait and get the Windows 98 upgrade.

  I would wait.  Windows 98 will more than likely be for retail on the 25th.

Regards,

Tim Lider
Advanced Data Solutions              ICQ: 7562541
Web Site: http://www.adv-data.com E-Mail: Mailto:[log in to unmask]