From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Sep 2000 15:03:37 -0700
My HP 7200i CDRW gave up after just a bit over a year, and I could not get
any support from HP. Based on reviews and on feedback from this list, I
purchased a Plextor 12/10/32 drive as a replacement. I agree that it works
well for writing CDs. However, I did run into one problem. There were a
couple of data disks that it refused to read. When I put those disks into my
old 2x drive, they read without a hitch. These were disks of commercial
software (a Cannon inkjet software package). Anyone else run into read
problems with the Plextor?

To be fair, this trouble is not unique to Plextor. I have seen it before
with other drives that were not even writers.

Peter Shkabara
http://pesh.what.cc