From:
Richard T Hanner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Feb 2004 16:47:12 -0800
I have a PC running an Athlon 2000 XP processor with 512mb of RAM, my operating system is Windows XP, and I have several peripherals hanging on USB ports, such as a printer, Zip drive,  card readers, and ADSL modem for my broadband internet connection. Everything has gone quite well until now. I recently installed a home network using a 5 port hub, and the main PC (just described) started to freeze completely, nothing except a reset would do anything. There was no pattern to it, sometimes it would happen quickly other times it would not. I removed the network and eventually re-installed Windows XP all for nothing for now it freezes even more regularly. Some programmes seem to be more prone to the freezes than others. Just for good measure now and again the system will just close down (black screen) for no reason. The other PC on my network, of similar spec has performed faultlessly. Can anyone please help me.

Regards

Richard Hanner