From:
"Joel M. Blackman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 18:13:09 -0700
If all you're seeing is the monitor test block with a message like "your
monitor is working, check your cable or PC", and you are not getting even
the POST screen, your mobo is history.  That happened to me last year.  If
you are not seeing the POST screen you either need to replace the mobo or
hope that someone can tell you how to save the one you have.  I'd replace it
if it were me (which is what I did).  Joel

Dear Larry (and anyone else following this line who can help),

         I can't even get the BIOS.  No DOS, nothing.  All we see is the
monitor test block.  I tried to clear the BIOS with reset jumper but it
didn't help.  I went to Gigabytes Web Site and found nothing on BIOS
recovery.
          This is a totally new problem for me.  I was wondering if it
could be possible with both my wife and grandson  hitting 2 different
buttons almost simultaneously (which both do hard boots) could this have
somehow given the motherboard an electrical short..or fried it?
           At this point I have the hard drive, floppy drive, both CD
drives and all peripherals pulled except the video card.  Any suggestions,
ideas, random musings (ANYTHING)  will be thankfully received and most
welcome.

David

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com