Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 00:11:11 -0400
I'm in big trouble now.

Today at work, I put one of those cheap floppies the County
buys for us into the office PC and the plastic slider that
goes over the end of the disk came off.  It is stuck inside
the drive and the drive ain't workin.

Since when did they start using such cheap flimsy crap on
floppies?  All the ones I've seen have stainless steel or
aluminum sliders.

Anyway, I guess I have to remove the cover, take out the
drive and try to extract it with a hemostat or tweezers.  Is
that possible? I looked into the drive but didn't see the
plastic piece.

This is a generic low-bid PC built by some subcontractor,
probably in his garage.  It is a 233 Pentium and appears to
have standard accessories.

You think the drive is damaged?  It made a funny noise and
then an error message appeared on the screen.

My boss will not be pleased, but it wasn't my fault,  The
dammed thing just came off when I tried to take the disk out
of the drive.

This is the last thing I need right now, because we're
working on some tight deadlines.  Can't afford to have the
PC down for a couple days.

What do ya'll think?

Steven Gaber
Oldsmar, FL