Date:
Sat, 29 Jun 2002 11:14:59 -0700
After you create a partion whether it be primary or extended /w logical
drives  in fdisk you must shut down and and reboot using your boot disk.
Then you must format all newly created drives (physical and logical) in
order for your system to be able to recognize and register  these
partitions/drives within for use.
If you look in fdisk at the E: drive more than likely in format it states
unknown. If however, it is formatted correctly and recognized as either fat
16 or 32 then you will probably have to  do an fdisk /mbr to re-create your
master boot record on your disk 1. I would suggest you go to
http://www.freepctech.com/pc/001/001.shtml#2
and carefully review this page and it's links before doing this though.
Normally nothing bad will happen, however, when you are changing or
re-creating your MBR this is something usually done by experts. So be
warned..

Barry Clark
MCSE