From:
"Lance W. Kephart" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Jun 2002 21:54:20 -0500
I have some users that would like to be able to roam about the building and utilize the data connections that we have available in the conference rooms.

Here's my info:
Dell laptops with docking ports.
Internal 10/100 NIC in docking port
PCI 10/100 NIC also installed (used for VPN connection)
Windows 2000
Novell / NT / 2000 servers

Here's the scenerio:
When docked, the laptop utilizes the internal NIC on the docking port for network connectivity.  Rather than doing a shutdown, moving to the conference room and plugging into the PCI NIC and powering up the laptop they would like to just eject the laptop leaving it powered on, move to the
conference room and plug the PCI NIC in and have it pick up on the network connectivity that way.

Does anyone know of any software / or configuration that would allow this to happen without powering the system down?

The VPN client we use interferres with our backup software, so disabling the internal NIC on the docking port and using the PCI NIC only isn't an option at this time, although something may have to go that route.

Thanks in advance!
Lance Kephart

Win a first-class trip to New Orleans and vacation Elvis Style!.
Enter NOW!
http://r.lycos.com/r/sagel_mail/http://www.elvis.lycos.com/sweepstakes/

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml