From:
JM Sudela <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 11:34:04 -0600
My PC has lost it's ability to display in all but 16 colors.  When I try to
adjust it to 256 or 16 bit it will not hold the setting and reverts to 16
color.
It is a Celeron 300A running WIN98 2nd 64 K DIMM  Matrox Millenium SVGA
Card. The display  is a Hitachi  Super Scan 15S  which was working fine
before the loss of video res. My Norton System WKs program finds no probs.
Device Mgr. Reports that everything is good.  I am using the most current
Matrox drivers.  The only error msg that I continually get is an error msg
"cannot load cg14eh.dll which I have traced to Norton's Crash Guard program.
I have overlaid Norton Sys Wks 2001 on top of  Norton 2000 which removes
Crash Guard.  All other programs and systems are working with the exception
of the display.  ??
Thanks,
Jim Sudela