From:
Linda Crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 20:45:37 -0800
I began having problems just after installing a new virus protector, but they say it is not their problem but my computer. My controls c&v won't work. I can copy and paste though. I contacted my server and they say it is not their fault that I need to upgrade IE 5. An upgrade will not download.  I have Windows 95 and an update for it will not download and my virus protector update won't download. Sometimes when I first bring my mail up I get a message that says "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. Contact program vendor". I go out of the program and bring it back on and everything is fine. It doesn't do this every time. I have also received a message when bringing in the mail that says "Windows encountered an error in the system registry, restart Windows". When using Scan Disk I got this message  "Scan Disk has restarted 10 times because Windows or another program has been writing to this drive, quit some programs." Nothing else was running. As far as I can tell everything else on the computer works fine.What is my problem and can I fix it? Linda Crawford

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com