From:
"Joel M. Blackman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 19:33:29 -0800
I wouldn't use Win 98's drivers because they're old.  There will be for most
devices updated drivers available on the manufacturer's web site.  You can
download those to a Zip disk or your hard drive and install them from there.
Most downloadable driver updates have "readme's" on how to install.  If you
have your original manuals for the devices there are instructions in them.
Some devices can be updated from device manager (right click on my computer
and click the device manager tab.  Highlight your device and click
properties.  If there is a driver tab click on it, and toward the bottom
there are two buttons "driver details" and "update driver".  If there is the
latter button, click on it and follow the instructions.  When you see the
screen for looking for the driver, pick "specify a location" and type in the
full path to where your downloaded driver file is located.  Some devices
will not let you install drivers this way, so read your manual or the readme
file.  HP printers in particular cannot be installed with the wizards.  Same
with Epson.  Follow the instructions. Joel