From:
Venkat Viswanathan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2007 08:51:13 -0500
Original post (clipped)

<<<I've been using Win XP with AMD Sempron 2800+ processor, 512 MB RAM & 200 GB
harddrive sucessfully for the last year. Now all of a sudden when trying to
power up, nothing appears on monitor and computer shuts down after only 15
seconds>>>>

Hi,

there could be many,many reasons BUT on the other hand being only a year old system we can possibly narrow it down.

(1) check the cable connections between your hard drive and motherboard.

(2)check/reseat the RAM sticks

(3) when you unplugged the monitor, did you get a msg on the screen to the effect .."cable unplugged..."??

(4) do you know whether you have "on board video" or a "seperate video card"??

NOTE: all the above suggestions assume you are comfortable working inside the system (you have changed the power supply...). IF NOT pl post back for further assistance.

good luck---Venkat

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml