From:
Ron Bain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 06:25:40 -0800
I have a Innova360CD Cannon laptop with two pcmcia slots running with
windows 95.

I have a megahertz-dell xj4336 modem (pcmcia card).

Double clicking on the modem icon on the control panel the modem is properly
identified.  Under properties it shows com3.  The com port cannot be
changed.

Under the device manager the modem is properly identified.

When I doubleclick on pc card icon I get different messages:
    one time it shows both sockets are empty (with the modem installed)
    another time I got an ! mark (yellow) with the message not working
properly or not all drivers installed.
    the last time the modem was properly identified in slot 1.

But when I try to access the internet I get the following message:
    "Modem could not be detected.  It may be in use, turned off, or not
installed properly."

The problem started after the laptop was returned after being repaired under
an extended warranty.  the repairs consisted of reseating a pointing device
and LCD cables.  I called the repair agency (Telesource Computer Services)
and they could not correct the problem.  They said I would have to restore
the computer to the original condition before they could help any further.
I do not have the orginal disks. It was purchased in an open box.

The modem was working properly before being sent for repair.
 Thanks for any help.

Ron