From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 May 2008 08:55:40 -0700
Could be that the power options (in control panel) in XP is set to
enable hibernation. Some computers do not react well to hibernation.
Beyond that you can also set the monitor to not turn off.

Also, the monitor itself may have a faulty power saving feature. You
should check its manual to see how to turn it off, if so configured.

Just a few things to try. If they do not work in addition to any other
suggestions you may receive, post again for further assistance.

Tom

Dianne Erdos-Rush wrote:
> My son's computer is working very well, except for one thing, when he turns of the monitor, it will not turn back on again.  Initially, I thought the monitor must be on its last legs, it is, after all just an old CRT monitor.  So I replaced it with another one, assuming it would work just fine.  Same problem.  So I thought, well, perhaps there is something wrong with the cord from the monitor to the computer, so I replaced it, but same problem.
>
> My question is: has anyone heard of this type of problem, and do you think it might be the video card, I have extras and can replace it?
> He is running Windows XP SP2.  Nothing fancy.  He usually leaves the computer on at night and just turns off the monitor.  Recently the monitor simply will not turn back on, until he re-boots the computer.
> Any suggestions?
> Dianne

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com