From:
markmara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 22:41:22 +0000
Hi
I have LAN cards with RJ-45 ports which  I assume are network cards. What I
did was disconnect the RJ-45 cable from my cable modem and connected the two
computers together. However, when I access the "Direct Cable Connection" box
to check the  settings I only have  the parallel port and the serial ports.
I pressed "Install New Ports" but nothing happens. This is  where I am
stuck.
I am using these ports for my cable modem to  get on the  internet so the
computer knows they are there.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank You
Jim Markellos