From:
Richard Burdess <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 21:07:50 -0000
hi

you did not mention if it was a powered hub or not, I had a very similar
problem with my 4 port hub, and after talking to a friend  he lent me his
powered hub to check against mine.  Everything worked fine using his then
when I connected mine back up, up came the problems, so try and find someone
with a powered hub and try it.

One drawback they are 2 to 3 times the price and size but you may be able to
find one at a reasonable price if you look around.

hope this helps

Richard