From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 15:07:39 -0500
This is a common problem if you used your old motherboard's cable and LPT
connector.  Even though both connectors are the same, the pin layouts on
the motherboard connector are not the same between two different
motherboards.  In other words, the pins do not connect the same between the
motherboard and the LPT connector for two different MB designs.  You must
use the LPT connector and cable supplied with your motherboard.

At 02:57 PM 3/16/99 , Hugh Vandervoort wrote:
>A few days ago I installed a new Mobo (VA 503+,VIA Apollo Chipset and AMD
>K66-2/350)
>O/S is Win98
>I couldn't have done it withoput all the help from the list, but apparently
>I didn't learn enough, because my Canon  BJC4400 no longer works.
>I've double-checked the LPT1 connection on the board , swapped for a known
>good cable, and Nada! Have re-installed several times, but there seems to be
>no communication .
>LPT! is recognized in Device Manager and there are no conflicts.
>Any suggestions?

Doug Simmons

                            The NOSPIN Group
                            http://nospin.com