From:
Paul Hachmeyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 13:06:03 -0400
I added a second cd-rom drive to my daughter's pc last night
so she could listen to music while playing games, etc. with
the original cd drive (different brand and model).
The second cd drive plays with clear sound, but the original
cd drive now sounds fuzzy.  I tried a different cable to the
sound card, checked for pinched wires, no change.  Sound
card has 4 connection points - aux1, aux2, and 2 cd
connections with different shaped connectors.  Aux 1 and 2
provided no sound, I plugged the 2nd drive into the unused
cd connection.
The machine has 2 hard drives on primary cable as master and
slave, cd drives are on secondary cable, also as master
(original) and slave (new drive).  Running win98se.  I did
swap the secondary cable since I needed more length between
the 2 cd drives than the original cable had.  I did not yet
try a different cable.
Any ideas how to clean up the sound?

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml