From:
Barry Keith Tyler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 14:53:05 -0500
On Tue, 10 Sep 2002 00:38:49 -0400, Demetri Kolokotronis <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Is there some good way to save drivers before format and reinstall OS?
>Keeping copies in folder, and copying folder to disk, occurs, but some
>drivers are on CD, some on floppies, some were downloads, some from
>Windows, etc.
>
>Demetri Kolokotronis

>                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
>                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>

Look in windows for a hidden folder entitled 'INF' and save it somewhere like a CD or spare partition as that is all the drivers for the system. You need to reinstall that folder before installing windows so that they are available for windows to make use of when it finds the hardware.
Hope this helps.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com