From:
Gene Busekrus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2006 11:29:45 -0500
Here are some suggestions:

If the keyboard is wireless, the batteries may be getting low or the
receiver is blocked by something.
If it is wired, it may be loose.
If it is a USB wire, try another USB port.
Can you try another keyboard?
As temporary quick fix, Word (and possibly other programs) has a automatic
save feature you can set to every second even  (tools>options>save).

Dennis Duke <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: Personal Computer Hardware discussion List
05/14/2006 07:02 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
[PCBUILD] Computer Keyboard Going Away

I have an Emachine running Windows XP Home. Once in a while - fortunately,
infrequently - my keyboard will go away. The computer (or Windows
operating system) can't see it and the only way I can get things back to
normal is to reboot the machine. I have been unable to figure out if it is
related to a specific program or not, as I said it doesn't happen very
often.

Does anyone have a clue or, equally important, is there a way to recover
the keyboard without rebooting the machine? Sometimes when it quits, I am
in Word or notepad or some other program entering some sort of data and
will lose some of it. If I have saved the data before the problem I can
use the mouse to save what I have typed since then but, If I have just
started to do something by creating a new file, I cannot do a 'save as'
and type in a file name and simply have to reboot.

    NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY

THIS DOCUMENT IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE
ENTITY TO WHICH IT IS ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN
INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL AND
EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. ANY
DISTRIBUTION TO ANYONE OTHER THAN THE INTENDED
RECIPIENT MAY BE PROHIBITED BY LAW AND IS STRICTLY
FORBIDDEN. IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS COMMUNICATION
IN ERROR, PLEASE CONTACT THE REJIS HELP DESK
IMMEDIATELY AT 314-535-9497.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml