From:
Douglas Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 12:20:15 -0500
I haven't seen answer to this one so I'll chime in with
what I know.  I don't have XP but do have 2000 and so I
think that XP does the same.

When I install a device driver, the driver information is
copied to my C:\WINNT\inf directory.  Probably this is
where your machine is finding the Logitech drivers.  When
you did the uninstall, it probably just uninstalled the
"extra" programs (tools) that Logitech provides with its
mouse(es?).  You may want to snoop around in this HIDDEN
inf folder to see if something referring to Logitech is
there.  You can always rename it and revert the name back
if something goes wrong.

Doug
At 1/28/2003 02:31 AM, Mary Johnson wrote:

I recently attempted to install a wireless keyboard and
mouse in a HP 856XT running XP...Had problems so I
uninstalled everything (I thought)! However after having
more mouse problems I Uninstalled the mouse to let the
system reinstall and realize the system is attempting to
load the nonexistent Logitech driver instead of the
generic one. How do I get rid of the unwanted driver. I
used the uninstall function to remove the software, so I
don't know where this rascal is hiding. Any help most
gratefully accepted.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml