From:
Barry Keith Tyler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 03:59:58 -0500
On Fri, 20 Sep 2002 11:13:53 -0400, Jim Prettyman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Can someone say what is ailing this 400 watt P.S. It runs and it does not run.
>I have checked the fan it runs fine on another sys. Have replaced the fuse
>that seemed to solve the problem. Then later it will start and then not the
>next
>time. If if were not a large ps I would trash it, but would like some comment
>if there is any. I guess it is over the hill but had to ask first.
>Thanks,
>James Prettyman
>
>               The NOSPIN Group Promotions is now offering
>              Mandrake Linux or Red Hat Linux CD sets along
>         with our NOSPIN Power Linux CD...  at a great price!!!
>             http://freepctech.com/goodies/promotions.shtml

It sounds as though you may have a 'dry' joint, if you are competent at soldering I suggest that you open the PSU, remove the circuit board and inspect the soldered side very carefully with a magnifying glass. Any joints that are not smooth, clean solder or appear to have a circle around where the wire projects through, should be remade. once that is done, give it a try, it should be working OK, if not, it's probably a component at fault and will require the attention of a service technician.
Hope this helps.