From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Apr 2008 12:59:41 -0500
My wife and I both have ASUS Striker II Formula motherboards - which I do NOT recommend to anybody.

They have been buggy from the start, so when a new BIOS (drivers, too) came out, I was eager to load the BIOS and drivers.

Now, however, I find that I have the same MAC address on my motherboard's network controller (I only checked one) and on both my
wife's network controllers.

Does this make sense to anyone?

So, I loaded the old BIOS to my computer, but I still have the same MAC address on the network controller!!!

Could this cause networking conflicts?  Both computers seem to be assigned different DHCP sets.  However, my wife's computer has
downloaded multiple copies of emails.

Could this be malware related ( I mean malware other than ASUS's BIOS!! )?

Do you suppose that a simple network card will solve this problem for us?  I suppose that the actual MAC addresses are irrelevant,
since the unique DHCP addresses are what is important?

(I wonder if people all over the world that used these new BIOS are now saddled with the same MAC address.)

Could the nForce drivers for the 780i chip be causing this, so that going to the old drivers would help?  (I will probably try
that.)

As you can see, I am a bit stymied by all this.

Dean Kukral

                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads