From:
Louise Gainor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 08:11:11 -0400
While all electronics have the possibility of being damaged by the weather
(use surge protection in case of thunderstorms)and by high humidity,
barometric pressure is a new one on me.  Yes, you're salesperson was trying
to make an extended warranty sale (I hear some companies penalize their
salespeople for not selling enough extended warranties). The "F" looks fine.
Sometimes the text and other objects on your screen will look odd because of
the angle of viewing an LCD screen, although they're a  lot better now than
they used to be about viewing angle.

I clean mine with an alcohol wipe, although very rarely.  Usually I wipe off
dust with a dry soft cloth, and avoid touching the screen any more than I
have to.