From:
Stephen Hager <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 13:31:07 -0500
Hi Gang,
       I am in posession of a Pac Hell Legend(in their own mind)100CD (Intel P-66
24Mb Ram,428 Mb. HD, seperate sound and modem cards.) M$ Windows is badly corrupted but I did get
it to boot all the way up once before it started its Splash screen/Shut down screen combination with
nothing in the middle. Normal M$ start up disks and No Spin Boot disks always fail to find the CD.
It is attached to the sound card.I have tried slaving it to hd and it gets missed. If I attach to the secondary
IDE, PC will not post. CMOS is very primative on this PC but does say IDE is active. Can someone out there tell me what I
seem to be missing here. There is no restoral software and was just going to
do a clean install. Are there dos drivers for this situation. Am I missing some jumper on t
he main board
to activate secondary IDE. I even pulled the sound card and retried everything with same errors.
Any and all feedback will be greatly appreciated. TIA.
Have Fun and Surf Safe,