From:
The Acred Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jan 2004 09:00:02 -0600
I want to say a BIG Thank You to everyone who responded to my problem with my new PSC scanner and Windows 98SE.

I wanted to update y'all on what happened after I read all of your responses:

1 - I started trying all the different things everyone suggested (downloading drivers, updating Windows, running MS upgrade advisor, etc.)

2 - After doing one of those things (not sure which one it was) - my PSC stopped working all together - but this was actually a blessing in disguise because it caused me to have to uninstall the PSC

3 - HP told me that their Newer Printers have 4 levels of uninstall - therefore to completely uninstall one of their newer printers you must run uninstall 4 times (they said this was so you did not have to completely uninstall EVERYTHING to fix an issue that Level 1 of the uninstall & re-install would fix)

4 - After 4 uninstalls - I still had tons of HP files on my PC - so I ended up running the uninstall 14 more times - and each of those 14 times that I ran uninstall it found files that needed to be deleted - weird

5 - Then I decided to do something that was probably very dangerous - I did a search for every file that started or had "HP" in the file name and I deleted ALL of them & emptied my Trash Can

6 - Then I rebooted and tried to uninstall one more time - just for kicks - it said many files were missing and it could not perform the uninstall

7 - I figured that meant that all the files were really gone now so I re-installed my PSC

8 - Every single feature works GREAT now !!

I wanted to share all of these details with everyone in case anyone else has a newer HP printer and starts having problems.

The advice everyone here gave me was absolutely wonderful.

I have printed off everyone's comments regarding which version of Windows so that I will have the information when we do have to upgrade.

If y'all don't mind, I will definitely be checking with y'all with any future PC issues.  I was amazed at the attention to details and professional advice I received.

Your group is terrific !!

Dawn Acred
Texas Hill Country

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: