From:
"James E. Griffin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Aug 1998 15:25:54 -0700
Robert,

First, check the monitor and or video card. Then I'd go over the new
mobo with a fine toothed comb. I suspect, since you've checked
connections twice, that there's either an intermittent short in the
circuitry or something else that does the like. A black screen could
mean no electrons getting through. Sometimes, when folks get too
enthusiastic plugging in cards and plugs, they'll torque the mobo just
enough to crack a connection, or more extremely, put a hair line crack
in the mobo itself. Until things warm up, you might have an electrical
connection that barely works.

Best regards,
Jim Griffin

--
Prometheus was the first Beta Tester.
Sisyphus was the Corinthian Systems Administrator.