Date:
Sun, 4 Jun 2000 14:33:49 +1000
Bill,
My advice is stick with your current configuration, 64M is not to much for
win95, I doubt that "RAMdrive to imporve performanc" issue unless you have
large amount of memory installed. The advantage of RAMdrive is that it is
faster to work with, however, to use RAMdrive, you will have less memory
available for everything else. If say you have 128M of RAM, you may set a
32-64M RAMdrive, then point all temp files (set TEMP= RAMdrive letter, etc),
it will possiblely give you performance boost (because RAM to RAM is much
faster then HDD to RAM). But again, this kind of configuration requires lot
of RAM. I would say if you have 96M of RAM, try set a 32M RAMdrive.

Jun Qian