From:
Dick Mason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Aug 2005 12:17:12 -0700
Actually, its not my problem, its one my computer ( Avit V17 mobo, P4 2.8
GHz, 512 Mb ram, 350W PS XP Pro) is having. The problem is
intermittent  and I am afraid that the frequency of the problem will
increase until I have a dead computer, so I am looking for some expertise
in where the problem might be.  The problem, which now occurs about every
tenth or so time I boot up is as follows.  The boot up process starts fine,
but then hangs when it gets to "verify DMI pool data".  I have changed the
boot sequence to start with CD ROM, so that when it hangs, I reboot with
the XP disk in place.  It will give me an "A" prompt, but if I wait another
15-30 seconds, XP will start.  Is this a hard drive problem, a mobo
problem, or a CPU problem?  A month or so ago,  I had a problem and when I
tried to boot up, I got a message saying "CPU is unworkable or has been
changed.  Please recheck CPU soft menu".  I reset all BIOS settings to
default and ran the repair option on XP and it worked fine, up until this
last problem.  Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Dick

                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads