From:
Herbert Graf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Jan 2000 20:03:17 -0500
> You should not need both netBeui and IPX for local transport.  As another
> lister has suggested, have you tried manually setting the IPX frame type?
> As an experiment, go to Network Neighborhood/Properties and change the IPX
> Frame Type to "802.2"  ( it is probably now set to "Auto"), then
> also remove
> the NetBEUI protocol completely.  After a reboot, you should see that all
> works well.

        I have now set it up that way and unfortunately the problem remains! :( Win
peer to peer seems to work fine without netBeui (I believe I tried to get it
to work over TCP/IP last time and that didn't work, or perhaps it was
something else, oh well, I just remember it not wanting to work without
netBeui, now it does, go figure). Also it seems to occur more often when
running 16 bit win3.1 apps than when running native 32 bit apps. Thanks
anyways, TTYL

                            The NOSPIN Group
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org