From:
Joe Lore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 10:10:38 -0500
Hi,

Sounds, like a static electricity zap, or line surge.

If you can get into the BIOS, try the advanced settings and change

1) halt on errors to "no halt on any errors"
2) if any mention of parity checking, disable it.
3) run the IDE detect to find what is installed, rather than leaving on
auto detect.
4) change the com ports to only com 1 installed and Com 2 disabled if not
using it for anything else.

At 10:56 AM 02/22/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>IBM model PC300GL- 128meg ram- Win 98SE
>This unit was operating perfectly last night, now on boot a bios error
>appeared .
>Secondary IDE port and CD roms not installed and com 2 reverted to
>enabled from disabled.
>Corrected com 2 but secondary IDE still refuses to appear. Flashed BIOS
>with latest version but no cure. Is the MOBO toast?
>After getting past POST;
>Windows gets to loading desktop and error message "memory parity error
>detected- system halted  appears and system freezes.
>Any help appreciated.
>Many thanks for your existence,
>Hal Seabolt

God Bless America!