From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Mar 1998 11:43:37 -0800
On 24 Mar 98 at 21:24, Dennis Stephens wrote:

> The issue my associate is faced with concerns the availability of ISA
> slots and the peripherals that the person is using.  My associate has a
> slot one motherboard with only two ISA slots and this person needs at
> least three.  Hence, the need to investigate the option of using a PCI
> modem.

  It is still possible to find Slot 1 motherboards with three ISA
slots; in a more perfect world, this requirement would have factored
into the purchase decision.
  Although I know of no PCI modems, as such, there are sound cards
and network adaptors using PCI.  You haven't listed the other two ISA
cards in use, but it's possible that one of them may be upgradable to
PCI.  [If the machine is anything like mine, the other is a legacy
card for which a newer substitute, if available, is impractical.]

David G