From:
Mick Fitzpatrick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 13:54:02 -0000
Hello

I am upgrading one of my PC's to a to a 'Socket 370 type Pentium3 600'. The
Abit BH6 motherboard is a a Slot 1 type, therefore I have used a card to
enable slot 1 to socket 370.

The motherboard appears to accept the manual settings for the P3 600 (and
recognises it as such during boot up). However, it keeps prompting me to
change the settings in the 'CPU Soft Menu' every time I boot up.

The only way (I have found so far) to enable a normal boot up is to disable
the alert telling me to change the settings. My questions are:

1. Is it 'safe' to disable this alert or am I damaging the proccessor

or

2. Do I need to 'tweek' some settings (that have eluded me) so that the
processor will be accepted.

Any assistance/advice will be very much appreciated

TIA ... Mick

PS: I know the P3 is 'good' as it's run on other machines

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html