From:
Kyle Elmblade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 07:29:07 -0800
John's response here is correct.  However, I have cheated this situation
before.  I disconnected the original CD and connected a regular IDE CD to
the system (I had to pull it off my main machine) leaving the sound card in.
I loaded Windows using the IDE CD drive, then when I had it loaded and
stable I removed my IDE drive and put the proprietary one on it.  Windows
recognized the drive and got it working.

This will not always work, but it's worth a shot.

Kyle Elmblade
Distinct Computer Solutions
-