From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 2008 20:15:02 -0700
The most recent problem I just had was similar and it ended up being
that the second drive had gone bad. Replaced it and all is back to normal.

Another issue could be heat. The computer sounds fairly new so  it
probably is not dirty inside the case or requires the case filter, if
there is a filter, to be cleaned. Could be that not all the fans are
operating or that the computer is in an enclosed space and not able to
breath efficiently.

Another issue could be a loose connector to the drives.

Just some thoughts.

Tom

Robert Weaver wrote:
> I am running an Athlon 64X2 dual core processor 6400+ 3.2 Ghz with 4 gig ram
> on a Gigabyte GA-M52S-S3P motherboard.I have a dual boot set up with the
> main hard drive on a SATA connection and the secondary hard drive on IDE,
> both are running XP SP2.
>

> About 50% of the time the screen freezes on boot up just after the single
> beep tells me that the BIOS is OK and about halfway through the screen
> listing the hardware. After several attempts the system will boot OK.
>

> I have updated the BIOS, but cannot find any reason for the freezing. Any
> suggestions would be welcome.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Robert

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: