Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 2004 13:01:43 -0500
Carl Houseman wrote:

>Current generation monitors go into a nearly-off or power saving mode when
>permitted by the current generation operating systems.
>
>If the computer from which the 7-year old power supply came was also 7 years
>old, it's very long in the tooth.  New computers (with new monitors) don't
>cost nearly what you paid for that 7 year old job.  Time to catch up with
>the current century!
>
>Carl

Unfair jab. Many people still use older computers for many things
current computers can't do. I use my DOS/3.11 to format QNX disks to use
with my medical equipment that I work on because I do not have a UNIX
system. Some use them for home monitoring, print spoolers, etc. Throwing
things away just because it is 'old' is not resourceful.

Jean Bourvic

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com