Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 22:44:36 -0400
It seems that this is more involved to this than I figured. I was looking
for an easy  answer. I'm still unsure of what to do or get.
 This is my situation. I'm trying to build my own computer.  The motherboard
I have selected is ASUS P4B533-E.
This is some of the info I've taken from the spec sheet;

CPU-Socket 478 for Intel Pentium 4, 512/256KB L2
        Cache.

Chipset-Intel 82845E MCH, 82801 DB ICH4

Enhanced 533MHz Front-Side-Bus
Front Side Bus--533/400 MHz

Memory--3 x 184-pin DIMM Sockets support max 2GB          PC2100/PC1600
ECC/non-ECC DDR SDRAM memory.

The reason I am asking these questions  is because Crucial's price sheet
says that the PC2100 & PC2700 are compatible with this mobo (ASUS P4B533-E).
The PC2700 may be compatible, but does it improve  anything. I certainly
don't want the PC2700 if it doesn't.

I selected this mobo because it has the top rated score on
"Motherboards.org" Motherboard rankings on 8/24/02.
I hope I will receive more comments on this.
Thank you for your consideration.
Jim Markellos
P.S.
It seems that building your own computer isn't as easy as all these "Build
Your Own Computer" guides indicate. I found out there is a lot to it if you
are a beginner, especially with the motherboard. However it sure is a lot of
fun and I guess that's the name of the game.
I also must say at this time that "PCBUILD" & "PCSOFT" are terific!!!!