From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2006 00:14:49 -0700
On 25 Oct 2006 at 9:15, Susan Llewellyn wrote:

> I am not an expert on this, and I may be missing something in your post.
> The way I am reading your post is that you are trying to hook two
> computers to the router with wireless adapter cards, right?  The way I
> understand the wireless network, if you have only two computers on the
> network, one should be hardwired to the router and the other one is
> connected by a wireless adapter, at least that is how my system works.

  Although wireless routers usually also include wired LAN ports, there is
nothing that requires you to use them.  The WAN port need to go somewhere,
and if your DSL or cable modem talks USB rather than Ethernet, you will have
to go through a computer to connect to it, but that's the only case I can
think of where your *must* have a wired connection.

David Gillett

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml