From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 08:49:59 -0500
First of all, do you have any other USB devices and if so are they working?

I suspect that your USB is either not enabled or the USB driver is not
good.  When you get into Device Manager you should look at the "USB" entry
near the bottom.  If it's not there or has a Yellow ! beside it, then
there's your problem.  If it is missing, it may not be enabled in the
computer bios.  If it has the yellow ! then you should select it with the
mouse and delete it.  When you reboot, windows should re-discover it and
install the drivers for it.  Depending on your machine, you may have to
have special drivers supplied on a disk (or CD) for your
motherboard.  Otherwise you may have to have the Windows install CD.

If it is missing and you have to go into the bios, look for something like
"Integrated Peripherals".  There you should see USB - Enable/Disable or
something similar.  When you boot Windows should discover the port and
install the drivers.

Hope this gives you something to look at.

Doug

At 3/21/01 09:09 PM, Susan S. Hays wrote:

>After trying everything everyone has sent me for suggestions, my scanner
>still doesn't work.  Still gives me the same message "OS error" and will not
>let me install the update that I received from HP.   I get the message
>"USB Manager is unrecognized or no USB host".  It also tells me to check the
>Device Manager for OHCI(or other).

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml