From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jun 1998 18:43:17 -0800
On  2 Jun 98 at 15:03, Allen Chetwood wrote:

> [...]

  I did considr suggesting something like this, but am not sure that
it's workable or reliable when one of the computers is 60-80 feet
away:

1.  I don't recall the maximum reliable distance for a parallel
printer cable, but I think it's somewhere between 50 and 150 feet.

2.  I wouldn't want to trudge all that way to flip the switch, then
all the way back to my PC to hit the "OK" button on the "Print"
dialog, hoping that my partner doesn't flip the switch back before I
get there.

David G