From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 13:59:59 -0600
 I'm not sure what is causing your problem with Stacker but at this
point in time you might want to convert over to Windows compression
utility called DriveSpace.  It comes free with Windows.  Windows
provides many tools specifically designed for DriveSpace.  Your problems
might disappear if you are using a disk compression technology designed
to run in the Windows 95/98 enviroment.  You have to be using FAT16 and
it will not work with FAT32.  I can put all of my applications and
Windows stuff on a single logical disk drive and it gets stored in a
file called "drvspace.000" on the Physical hard drive.  I can then copy
that file (drvspace.000) to a backup directory and I have all of Drive C
backed up.  I have set the "drvspace.000" size to 640Meg so I can then
copy the file (drvspace.000)  to a CD disk and have Drive C backed up to
a CD disk.  When I copy the "drvspace.000" file into a backup drawer it
takes me 3 minutes ( I have 2 physical hard drives ).  Without using
DriveSpae, I can't think of anyother way to backup  over a gigabyte of
software in 3 minutes?  This allows me to back up often and to have
several copies of my backups on CD disks.

--
John H. Miller
Miller Technical Services

Unite for Campaign Finance Reform! - http://oneperson-onevote.com/