From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jul 2006 17:38:40 -0400
Check the power supply fan to see if it turns easily. A sticky fan won't
turn and keeps the Power supply from working.
You can get a PS for about $50.00 here:
http://www.affordablesurplus.com/bestec-atx-250-12e-power-supply.asp
The best way to check is with a power supply tester.
Replacement is very easy. There's a tutorial here:
http://support.gateway.com/support/manlib/cmponts/Process/8508750/08750c01.htm

carmen strickland wrote:
> E-machines t2885. I'm getting no power at all to the
> machine. Tried switching power cords and plugging
> directly into the wall instead of the surge, nothing.
>
> Monitor is still working and everything else plugged
> into the surge as well.
>
> I checked online and a few sources said power source
> gone bad, but that it's pretty easy to replace.
>
> How would I go about checking for sure, and then
> replacing it?
>
> It's 2.8 gig, 512 mb if that  has any bearing.

> http://mail.yahoo.com
>
>               The NOSPIN Group is now offering Free PC Tech
>                      support at our newest website:

                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads