From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Jul 2005 01:04:53 -0700
  9-pin cables were used with monochrome and CGA video (1980s technology),
but since then have almost entirely been used for compact (compared to the
older 25-pin variety) serial ports.  They're probably of limited usefulness
to most people.

  I don't know of such a site, but if nobody suggests one then maybe we
should consider creating one....

David Gillett

On 22 Jul 2005 at 12:12, D Duncan wrote:

> I'm in the process of moving, so I'm finding all sorts of homeless
> cables and am wondering what's the best thing to do with them.
>
> I know a USB adaptor, but some of these cables have USB adaptors plus
> a little cylinder shaped thingie on the cable just at the ends of the
> cable, before the plug part.  I also have some cables with other
> different adaptors, like 9 pins (video, I guess).
>
> I guess the real question is, are they worth keeping these or should
> I find them new homes?
>
> Is there a good site that gives visual examples of different cables
> and if they can be utilized with components that they didn't
> necessarily come with?
>
> Thanks,
> Diane

                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads