From:
Wayne Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 19:21:37 -0500
        I hope there is an answer out there for this rather simple (I hope
it
is) problem. I am the Network Administrator for a French-Canadian Genealogy
club and I have set up a rather simple system, consisting of different types
of computers. I think I have it running fairly smoothly under Win95. The
problem is I have 2 printers that they need to use for 2 different reasons.
There is an HP printer connected to a research computer, that I have shared
to another computer, for the purposes of printing info from their various
Win95 programs that they need to print out. The other printer is an old
Dot-Matrix printer which is used for cards and labels and which is used from
a DOS program called Q & A, which I believe is a database program.
    My problem and question is, is there a way to print to both printers
(not at the same time) without the people shutting off the connection from
the research computer (effectively cutting off the HP printer access) and to
always have access to the Dot Matrix printer? The Dot Matrix printer is
connected physically to the second computer and is not shared. I would like
to set up a permanent solution so they can just print the stuff to whatever
printer they need automatically, and not have to disconnect anything to do
it.  Thanks

                                                            Wayne Harris

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html