From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 13:58:33 -0500
On CD-ROM disks, there is a Table of Contents.
You could think of it as the File Allocation Table (FAT).
If that particular section of the CD disk is damaged, the disk
will not "mount" or be readable by the system.
Then again, the CD-Drive may be slightly dirty/out of adjustment.
And, not all CD disks are created perfect...
(Or, --  any "slight" combination of all of the above...)
It is a real "crap shoot" to figure out the "odds" of what is
wrong with-out lots of hands-on testing and trying different
combinations of disks, etc...          Just my $.02
              Rick Glazier