From:
Richard Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Oct 2010 13:22:47 -0400
I made the same "mistake" when I tried to use the older
IDE cables rated *to be fine* over the specified limit of 18"
(They were pushing the limits.)

"I'd" vote to use the right stuff.  JMHO.

You don't *really* want a lot of vague, hard to diagnose problems
do you? <grin>

In a "best case" scenario, Windows might notice and underclock
the transfer speeds...

Rick Glazier

From: "Tom Waddell"
Does anyone know if there will be a significant difference in performance
between a an internal HD SATA cable that works at 3G bits/sec and
one that works at 1.5 G bits/sec? Theoretically should be twice as fast
but then there is HD and buss speed to consider.

I bought three 1.5 G bit cables on-line because I was told they were
the fastest on the market, then I found the 3 G bit ones. I'm thinking not
worth the hassle to pay to send these  back and order the faster ones.

Running Win 7, WD 1TB HD, MSI MB, 800 MHz buss.

                     visit our download web page at
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml