From:
Dean Riddle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Nov 1998 04:29:24 -0800
Carlos:
I would try one or two things:
1. Watch how the computer responds when config.sys calls the cdrom by
holding down the F8 key just before or as soon as you see the message
"starting msdos." The computer will prompt you through each line of
config.sys and autoexec.bat, and you can watch how the computer deals with
each line. After calling the cdrom driver you should see a message on the
screen telling you whether or not the cdrom was successfully configured.
Same with mscdex.exe, both are needed.
2. Try booting from a floppy with minimal drivers, but still calling the
cdrom.
Hope this helps, Dean

>My OS is Win 3.1, DOS 6.2 . Everything has started after I tryed to
>
>The program mscdex.exe is in my AUTOEXEC.BAT file. And the CONFIG.SYS
>
>file is calling the CD driver too.
>
>My CD ROM is a Atapi cdrom and I'm using a driver for Atapi cdrom.
>
>This driver I got from the Internet, because the cdrom's original
>
>driver was not working (The computer stopped during the booting
>
>process). And everything was going fine till some days ago.

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html