From:
"Twin*.*Star" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 17:09:15 -0500
I had a printer once that, if turned on before or at the same time as the PC
would cause to PC to not turn on. If the PC was turned on after the printer,
there would be no lights, noise or even the power supply fan running. I am
talking just a fraction of a second would make a difference.

I normally used a surge protector that had a master outlet that would turn
all other outlet on and off. With the PC plugged into the master and all
other devices in the switched outlets, turning the PC on worked fine. Using
one of those surge protectors with a master on/off switch for all outlets
and using it to turn the PC and the printer on at the same time would result
in a "dead" PC, i.e. no lights, fans, noise, output, beeps, etc. Or turning
the printer on before the PC and then the PC gave the same "dead" PC
results.

Daniel Wysocki
Twin*.*Star Computers
770-498-2582 / 800-816-0663