From:
"Tina M. Myers" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 2004 22:16:17 -0500
My sisters computer recently had a virus and wouldn't let me do anything to get rid of it or to even run a virus scan.  I used her restoration disk and re-installed WinXP and all of the componets for her computer.  This worked ok, but when the computer is started it askes which operating system to use.  They are both the same.  I would like to remove one so that it isn't taking up so much space on her hard drive.  How do I know which one is which and how do I do this without screwing everything up?  Is it possible that the virus is still on her computer in one of the operating systems and that Norton just didn't pick it up?

I've never had to restore my own system due to a virus and I don't want to mess it up and have to redo everything that I have already done.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tina

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com