From:
Earl Truss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jun 1998 13:16:49 -0500
----------
> From: [log in to unmask]
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: [PCBUILD] PCBUILD- CD Rom Drivers
> Date: Tuesday, June 23, 1998 10:21 AM
>
> I am working on a friends computer(a Packard Bell) and it has come up
that
> we need a CD Rom DOS driver for his 8x CD Rom.  He said it would detect
it
> if you put the Packard Bell Emergency disk in, but the system locks up
when
> you put in that disk. I tried looking at PBs site, but I couldn't get the
> search engine working.  Here are all the serial and model numbers:
>
> CD-ROM
> S/N- GSCD63434074
> MODEL #- GCD-R580B

This is a GoldStar 8x IDE CD-ROM.  I used to own one.  The company that
makes these is now called LG Electronics.  Their Web site is at
WWW.LGEUS.COM.   I could not find the DOS driver on the site after a short
look but maybe you could write them an email and see if you can get it from
them.  I might still have a copy on a floppy somewhere.   If you cannot get
it through them, email me and I will send you a copy if I can find it.