Date:
Sun, 1 Jan 2006 13:07:12 -0500
I have the below listed system setup for about 6months, and it was working find until about a month ago.  That was when it started to lockup iccasionally when I was watching the TV (via the 9800).  Then it became more frequent, and it would lock up occasionally during DVD play, and when just starting the TV app.  Now it locks at various points during boot-up, and when it does manage to start it usually locks within 2minutes of being in windows.  I have it lock-up during boot, while in BIOS setup, when I have booted to MEMTEST, and when I have booted to SPINRITE.

I have my primary drive partitioned to 6gig and 74gig, approx, and EVERY time I boot now it wants to chkdsk the 74gig partition, whether I have done it before or not.  I have to this point assumed that was because I have to power-off the PC when it locks but now I am not so sure.  The OS in on the 6gig

I originally thought it a memory error, then a disk drive error (see above) but now I am leaning to a motherboard or chip error.  I am not sure where to begin now, other than from scratch again.  any suggestions or tests to be recommended?

Note that I am NOT using the MCE as my interface, I use a program called myHTPC

Patrick

WIN-XP MCE
Athlon 64 3200+
GIGABYTE GA-K8NSNXP-939 nForce3 Ultra
Corsair ValuSelect 1gb Ram (2x512), DDR SDRAM 400 - 2.5-4-3-8 -- dual channel
ATI AIW 9800Pro
MyHD130 v1.65.2u